Friday, March 4, 2011

WHAT IS YOUR "THREE SOMETHING BAD"?

I wasn’t feeling well a few days back and it got me nastier than ever! And I have bad writers block during bad health times. And I got nastier (yes, even more). And suddenly I was reminded of an activity I was introduced to in my first psychology class. Don’t worry, no Freudian philosophy, just a simple activity to get to know oneself better.

As we sat there waiting in anticipation of what a first psychology class will bring, in walked a pretty Professor and after the preliminary introduction she asked us to rip out a piece of paper and do this. Write down three good qualities about yourself, more if you can come up with it. Oh, what fun we had…. Honest, truthful, friendly, sociable, jovial, fun – loving, never say die attitude…plenty came up with up to ten adjectives to prove what a “fun” and “nice” person we are!

Then came the hard part… yes, it always follows the fun. We were instructed to rip out papers again and write three bad qualities about you… anything which you don’t like about yourself and something “bad”… Oh we all had a tough time. Chewing pencils, scratching heads, empty glances, peeping into others ripped blank pieces of paper. After the given five minutes, everyone ended up with a maximum of two or less “something bad” about their selves. When questioned, some responded this way: I might be a bit nasty but only when someone irks me to do so; I might be short tempered but why do people make me angry?

We had learnt our lesson… before psychoanalyzing others, learn about yourself…know your strengths, but know your weaknesses better and work on them!

As for me these are my three “something bad” – I get pretty nasty, I complain a lot (quite obvious from my blog….read more of it!) and I talk way too much.
So tell me, what is your “three something bad”; throw in your three “something good” to make yourself feel better! 

No comments: