Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What are you tired of hearing?

Some things are just said too often. Way too often. Very often in fact.

I don’t know the reason, I think maybe out of habit or maybe we don’t realize that the person on the receiving end is silently cringing on hearing that “phrase” for the umpteenth time that day.

So things I am tired of hearing and wishing “If only I had a penny…” yes, I am kvetching again!

From Peanuts 
·         If only I had a penny…: No one and I mean NO ONE, no one gives a penny, so it’s no use wishing.

·         Where do you see yourself…: I see myself successful, rich and a lot happier, whether five years from now, ten years, twenty years, fifty years, a century….that is how I see myself; always. Isn’t that everyone’s ultimate goal? Richer, happier and successful. What else?

·         What do you want to be when you grow up: This was as a kid. Spare me, I was 10, all I was bothered about was getting my math lessons right and shooting the duck in the video game.  

·         I am a complex person; I need to figure things out:  Aren’t we all? Psychology taught me that “Human is a complex being” and that remains. So stop saying that you are the only one. We all are; we all need to figure out so many things, just go with the flow.

·         Things will get better: Yes, they will if you just stop saying so ALL the time. Things do get better, only to get worse again, only to get better again…that is life’s circle. Just play along!

No matter how much I “kvetch”; I will be the one often using them again…If only I had a penny for every time I kvetched!
So, anything you are tired of hearing? Or are you slightly cringing and saying… things will get better!

No comments: