Tuesday, February 8, 2011

TEN TIDBITS!

So I am into this 90 day bloggers support program (BIG YAY! To the TLC Bloggers!) and I will be blogging almost twice a week – fingers crossed. I seriously didn’t know what to begin with… and was too lazy (like always) to cook up something new!


So I came up with this. Two of my favorite bloggers Janine Ripper and Tristan Higbee “inspired” me to do this…(go check out their amazing blogs, but finish reading mine first!) and rumor has it that it gets a lot of comments, retweets and the likes. Random things about myself for you to get to know me better!

1.       I was born in India. I was raised in United Arab Emirates. I did my higher studies in India. I work in United Arab Emirates….kind of like alternating the place with every stage.

2.       I can embroider…probably NO ONE, besides my mom, knows this and she is so happy to have kept this “secret”!

3.       I hate cooking and I love eating. “I live to eat” is an understatement to my love for food! I can never come up with a favorite cuisine. I just love it all.

4.       As a kid, I never liked stuffed toys or dolls and I still don’t. Boxes from my childhood are filled with books, comics, newspaper cuttings….I was way too boring as kid.

5.       I have a fetish for shoes.  At one time I had more shoes than clothes. Everywhere I go I seem to fin d the “perfect” shoe…always!

My trip to Jehangiri Mahal
(Jehangir's Palace, Agra)
P.S. I am near the entrance,
yes...bad photographer...
but this is my favorite monument 
6.       I love architecture and history. Mughal architecture is my favorite and it never ceases to fascinate me.  I have been to most places with Mughal history and I can go there a million times again.

7.       I am a voracious reader. My favorite authors are William Dalrymple, Khaled Hosseini and  Oscar Wilde. I loved Sidney Sheldon books as a teenager. I recently finished reading Fatima Bhutto’s Songs of Blood and Sword and I loved it.

8.       Chocolate and cheese are my favorite flavors except, of course, chocolate pizza and cheese ice cream (if there is anything of that sort). My favorite indulgence is dark chocolate ice cream or a brownie or anything chocolate with hot chocolate sauce…

9.       I am crazy about movies. So crazy that just last week I watched over ten movies. I am a sissy though; I just can’t watch horror movies. My favorite movie is Forrest Gump which brings me to my favorite actor – Tom Hanks. I was so in awe of him after watching Forrest Gump that I ended up watching ALL of his movies.

10.   I would love to learn photography mainly because I think I am a pathetic photographer and the camera just hates me, so I am going to treat it as revenge!

So…that’s done…tell me something about YOU that I don’t know!

Do we share interests or am I the only boring one around?

No comments: